Monday, January 30, 2012

Chillaxin'

After experiencing the madcap months of December and January, I am taking my first full day home to reflect on all the fun and excitement that went on during the last 2 months.  Sitting here on the cusp of February, guess the relative upcoming calm next month has me feeling let down on the one hand and on the other wondering what the heck is coming down the pike at me!  I'm excited.

The month of December was full of preparation, stress, learning new things and challenging me to move to new heights in my professional career as I prepped for the interview in Arkansas.  What a wonderful opportunity not only as a job but the things I learned while getting ready for it reminded me that I can do most anything I put my mind to given the right tools.  This month, I've traveled and met new people and been put to the test professionally.  Although, I felt that I did a great job at the interview in Arkansas, I was not chosen for the position.  I could feel bad about this and I guess deep down I do have some regret but this does allow me to move into another phase of my life where I make it happen for myself.  Advise I've given to others over the years but been fearful to do myself. 

A beer bottle cap from a Magic Hat brew I drank this weekend said, "Say it out loud and the universe will hear you."  This was cap was my reward after I'd spoken all my intentions to two dear, young friends.  As we hiked down the mountain with food and brew as an incentive, they listened and encouraged me to do whatever I want to do to be happy. Essentially, their words spoke their belief in my ability to make what ever I intend happy.  I cannot explain to them how much their belief helps.  Guess that is what friends do.   

Therefore, in February, I'll be working on starting some new projects, possibly launching a small business, writing and looking to publish and working on more Power Point programs and environmental education presentations.  Dreams I've lived with for a while now.  Ideally, I'd do these things while working at a seasonal high paying job somewhere in the months from February to November then from November through January go back to Florida. 

                                                       Weekends like the Ruck always remind me what it means to have friends.  That is why I love attending these events.  Thanks everyone for your support and may all that YOU dream come to you!





Photos of friends.....





Rucks, ALDHA Gatherings, Trail Days,
Hiking, Women's Hiking weekends.....


 




4 comments:

  1. Really enjoy all your blogettes VJ! But particularly enjoyed this one and the happy photos accompanying your words! (Not that I ever listen to anything you say Ms.9999999....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed that is true...no one listens.....:)

      Delete
  2. Wheeeee! A picture of me in some very illustrious company. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed both of us in illustrious company!! Nice photo, I thought.

      Delete