Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Technology?!

My world, like yours most probably, is run by technology and the items of equipment thereby related.  Laptop computers, digital cameras, IPods, IPads, TV's, DVD/BluRay players, I & Android phones, microwave ovens and other such high tech electronic gadgets pretty much run our world and our lives.  Last week proved to be challenging because my laptop which is my lifeline decided it had had enough.  Suddenly, I was getting error messages saying that it had no more room for my stuff in it, refused to hold my precious photos or to even work at all...which meant that it took HOURS to convince it to open up a web page!  Gad, it was very frustrating.

My computer told me to get rid of some of the junk in its memory.  Evidently, at 7 years of age it cannot remember things anymore. And you expect ME to remember how to add. So, I deleted a few meaningless programs I'd collected...after all that was what it told me to do.  Then it yelled at me some more..."NOO, I am STILL overloaded with stuff..please remove these programs!", it said to me.  So, I did...ok I don't really need to be hoarding all of them anyway.  I swear it told me to delete my printer driver. Gack.

So, when the computer expert finally looked at it, he said to me with a small, rueful smile..."Ahhh, do you think 10 million kilobytes of photos are enough?!"  (small exaggeration). I said, "Of course, not!" 

I was forced to remove alllll my photos to a giant, external drive that holds my PRECIOUS...hence the reason why this blog has no photos. I have yet to reroute them to Picassa because I am sure it will take days to load the 10 million kilobytes of photos back into it.  Funny, I didn't realize that Picassa used my files on the C drive, I thought they were safe out there floating in the cloud o' electrons. 

Its really hard pretending I'm not an old fart and I wish the world would stop for a minute and let me catch up with all this technology stuff. But I'm NOT giving up!  I refuse to acknowledge that this computer stuff isn't conquerable and I will press forward.  More posts with photos, I promise, coming soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ackkkkk!!! My photos on Picassa aren't actually ON Picassa??? What about the ones on Facebook? and Meetup? and who knows where else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOOOOO!!! They are not...evidently somehow or another they are STILLLLL on your computer...I don't understand either?!!! Ha, actually the ones on FB are on FB after having listened to a conversation in my LinkedIN writers group..they even can use them I think..(FB) don't use Meetup too much so don't know. So, what I am looking for now is a site that does keep them up in the cloud from which I can also edit them...

    ReplyDelete