Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Moving on...

Today marks the last Sunday of my residency in Ohio.  I have loved you Ohio and you have loved me too.  And so for a time, we lived together you and I.  But now it is time for me to move on, out into the big world again.  I will remember you with love and friendship, Ohio.  

I came here by accident it may seem but in my belief system nothing in the universe works particularly randomly even if it seems to be.  Yet, even if my coming here was a random decision it was a good one.  Though it has not turned out to be an easy choice emotionally or financially, the things I've learned about myself, the confidence developed, the friends made will stay with me into the future.  Most of all, I've valued the pressure, can't explain it any other way, to continually discover and refine what and who I am.  The constant nudging to THINK about what is important to me to accomplish, to find my talents and pursue them and to leave all else by the wayside has been tough at times but mostly a comical head scratch.  My long-suffering family and friends who have chosen to ride the waves of life with me truly deserve a medal.  I cannot guarantee that the future will not hold challenges but Ohio, you have done your job and helped me along my path. 

I cannot speak of family/friends without becoming slightly misty eyed as they are the stuff of life.  I've made some good ones here, lifetime ones.  Kick me in the ass friends who when I was being silly would do just that.  Creative friends who have encouraged me to let my words shine brightly and friends who have been both.  Thank you.

So, these last few days will be bittersweet.  Thank you, Ohio, for sharing with me both your best and your worst. 

4 comments:

  1. What! What! Where? How can you leave us hanging? I faithfully check for updates, only to be disappointed when there is nothing new. BUT now there is this teaser...as one would say "Gack!".

    Perhaps because I'm hopelessly mired in the 20th. century, you are on Facebook, or twittertoots, whatever, is it Social Media(?). Are you giving up your Blog? WTF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, most every news item is first posted on FB. More is ocming, I am not stopping the blog, hang on. I am a writer...think of it like you would waiting for the next book in a mystery series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sums things up SO very nicely! Congrats, and looking forward to your sharing with us your physical, emotional, and mental journey. So... to 'Tany and BEYOND!

    ReplyDelete